Thursday, February 14, 2008

Santiago!


I've made the move and am now living in Santiago Chile. I worked out a sweet deal here in town and am working 18 hours a week cleaning a hostel in exchange for free room board and breakfast. You can check out the hostel at www.hostaldesammy.com My day has consisted of getting ready, eatting breakfast and exploring the city.

Yesterday I went to one of the centeral markets called El Mercado Venga. Dont be fooled by the pictures. The market is located in the oldest neighborhood in town and it looks like mexico or a third world country. I'll post pictures of other parts of the town later this week. Its very clean...aside from the grifitti. It reminds me a lot of Los Angeles. The city is very spread out and has a lot of smog.

Monday I will be walking around town handing out my resume to the English schools.I bought a cell phone down here so if anyone wants to suprise me and give me a ring the number is 6-253-6049.

1 comment:

sean said...

Dude, that's awesome. Free room and breakfast. Nice. Santiago looks like quite the interesting place - my parents went with some people a few years ago.

Speaking of parents, mine live on the coast of Colombia if you're ever up there I know they'd be chill with you staying with them - and you might even get them to partake in the local drink of choice, rum and coke (alright, my dad for sure would, but i'm not sure about my mom).