Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Part 2: Central America



Sorry for the lack of updates. Since I last checked in I have traveled North through Peru, I spent about a week in Lima, the capital, and flew out to San Jose, Costa Rica. When I got here I had to re-establish myself. I came to Costa Rica again with no friends, no housing, and a prospect of a job. Thank God because everything worked out. I found an apartment in one of the nicest parts of town, I have made some awesome friends and I found a great job that I love.



I just got internet at my apartment and now I am able to update everyone with what is going on with me. I work at Costa Rica Vacations (Check out our website). The cool thing is I get to travel all over Costa Rica for work. I have already had the chance to play with monkeys, watch flocks of wild scarlet macaws and stay in some of the nicest hotels in Costa Rica. Of course I will be putting pictures of all of this up for everyone to see.



Last week Cambria flew in to spend Thanksgiving with me. I thought it would be cool to take her to Panama since I had to renew my visa. Just my luck we went during a tropical storm. The second day of our travel we had to walk about 2 hours into town because the bus refused to drop us off.







I have never seen rain this hard. We were wading up to our knees in water. On the way to town we found out that one of the bridges had collapsed. We had no choice but to cross it. We later found out that someone had fallen and was swept out to sea about an hour after we had passed! Unfortuantely, we did not take any pictures this day. We were more concerned with getting into town safely. All of these pictures were taken the next day on our way out.




We ended up drenched from head to toe and were very happy when we finally arived at our hostel.









Many more updates to come.

No comments: